At Augustine, our goal is to build an environment that inspires creatives to do the brightest work of their career. We are looking for an experienced brand storyteller that sparks behavior change with consumers. You will join a lively team doing breakout work on a national stage. If you’re one part team player, one part self-editor and all other parts have a passion for creating magic words and big ideas, we’d love to meet you. Yes, we’re looking for that unicorn that loves the variety of creating short, punchy headlines side-by-side with long-form blog content and tall-on-information client kits.
Sound like you? Write on. Apply and make sure to include a link to your portfolio.
The Senior Copywriter occupies a mid-level/management level creative position in our agency. The position assists the Creative Director with every aspect of completing creative and copy projects and is expected to work in creative partnership with client services, digital services, public relations and creative services to conceive, develop and produce strategic brand messaging solutions and integrated marketing campaigns.
The Senior Copywriter is expected to understand the differences and write effectively for print, digital content platforms, and social media, including writing for varied brand voices, target audiences, personas and demographic profiles. The Senior Copywriter is expected to work in all phases of project development, from the initial proposal through concepting, copywriting, and proofing. He or she is expected to have a background in multiple disciplines including (but not limited to) design, copywriting, digital content, branding, and/or marketing. He or she should be able to take full creative, fiscal and production responsibility for any project. A solid understanding of grammar AP style guides is also required.
Experience in shopper marketing, retail and CPG is a plus, as these are our core verticals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Copywriting: Writing strategic, clear, persuasive and original copy for various mediums including but not limited to proposals, presentations, ads, scripts, social media, websites, brochures, etc. Amending and revising campaigns according to feedback from Creative Director and clients. Strong proofreading skills required for proofing own and others’ copy. Understanding of brand voice and tone and brand messaging strategy is also necessary.
- Research/Trends. Keeping up to date with current culture, trends and creative ideas. Researches new trends as it relates to specific clients, industries and projects–sharing and educating team members along the way. Maintains current working knowledge of computer-related skills, software and programs.
- Planning/Organizing: Meeting with client services team to discuss client requirements and background on each job. Working on several campaigns at once; ability to self-manage tight deadlines, many different personalities; all under pressure.
- Workflow Management. Monitor and manage workflow, set priorities and assign projects to designers to help best ensure the success of the project. Work with the Traffic, Production Managers and Creative Directors to maintain and improve workflow processes.
- Branding: Digests and understands client corporate identity and branding guidelines and technical restraints. Helps to manage the client’s brand through design integrity and consistency.
- Strategy: Works closely with account services to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed advertising and collateral materials that help sell product, and maintain a good image for clients and agency. Helps clients define and solve the most complex communications problems. Conducts competitive research and analysis for specific projects. Vendor and photo image research. Strong business understanding and financial skills.
- Brainstorming/Concepting: Attends creative brainstorming meetings (along with internal team members) to develop creative strategies and implements all requirements including copy for presentation decks, proposals, ad layout, etc. Provides additional creative concepting support to Designers and Art Directors.
- Creative Direction. Assist in directing the creative product at the agency (including freelance writers) to assure a high level of quality and appropriateness in the projects. Work closely with the Account Services team and clients to develop concepts and strategies for creative execution. Participate in agency creative meetings and idea sessions, as well as client meetings when necessary.
- Creative/Content Development: Writes, storyboards and provides concepts for projects/campaigns to meet approved strategic marketing objectives. Works with Client Services to understand the strategy, create technical and business parameters to develop innovative, effective and creative solutions. Independently concept, write and produce creative for agency’s clients. Recognizes project creativity/profitability tradeoffs. Self-manage creative projects, including setting priorities and meeting deadlines. Presents creative concepts and rationale behind creative to the project team. Leads and/or participates in agency creative meetings.
- Quality Assurance. Establish and maintain proofing procedures to help ensure the quality and integrity of the agency’s designs.
- Creative Presenting: Sells creative internally or to clients at the creative director’s or account executive’s request. Represents the agency at creative/professional/civic functions.
- Business Development: Participates in the development of new business for agency by writing agency case studies and content for proposals.
- Leadership: Mentors and trains Junior Copywriters, Production Designers, Production Assistants, and Interns. Participates in new business materials development and pitches. Helps set and achieve departmental goals.
- Management. Advises, coaches and partners with a cross-functional team on goal development, project delivery, solution deployment, as well as revenue generation techniques. Works with Operations, VP, Creative Director and Creative Director to determine staffing strategy and develop employee growth plans, utilization goals and performance appraisals. Interviews and screens applicants for creative positions as well as hiring and terminating. Coordinates reviews with Creative Director.
- Agency Management. Participates as an active member of the Management team, representing the Creative Services team and the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; 8 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our office is centrally located in beautiful Las Colinas with easy access to major freeways to get you anywhere you need to go in the DFW metroplex.
This is a full-time position. To ensure our team’s health and wellbeing, we are currently following hybrid schedule. Expect to be in the office at least two days a week, or more often as needed for client meetings.
Have We Sparked Your Interest? We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer