We are actively recruiting for an experienced Public Relations Specialist based out of our California office to support our continued expansion and account growth. We are looking for a creative storyteller with excellent media relationships that will help develop and drive strategic initiatives. Strong media contacts in the tourism verticals preferred. Proven track record of securing earned media required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of PR strategies
- Manage day-to-day PR projects and activities, driving high-impact results staying consistent with current trends and media opportunities
- Leverage existing media relationships and maintain media lists, securing high-level placements in target media outlets through creative and timely pitching
- Develop and execute press materials: press releases, media alerts, talking points, etc.
- Monitor and manage editorial calendars, inquiries from various media services and event listings
- Coordinate and manage media inquiries, press trips/events, desksides and social influencer campaigns
- Manage media coverage, press rooms and monthly reports
- Support crisis communications strategy and management
- Assist in development of creative initiatives supporting agency new business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- 4-6 years related experience; agency experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of traditional and digital PR, as well as social media platforms
- Strong media relations skills and proven track record of media placements required
- Knowledge of Cision and/or related public relations and earned media software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, knowledge of AP Style
- Proactive with an extreme attention to detail, consistently meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to work in variety of settings – in office, remote and on location for client meetings, media events, trade shows, etc.
This position will work out of our office in Roseville, CA (East of Sacramento). This is a full-time position, but we are currently working from home to help ensure the health and wellbeing of our team.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Summer Fridays
Augustine Agency is an award-winning, highly recognized independent marketing and communications agency with offices in California, Texas and Nevada. We have a unique ability to spark consumer action and ignite growth which makes our clients shine brighter!
Equal Opportunity Employer