Augustine is actively recruiting for an experienced Art Director to support its continued growth and expansion. The Art Director is expected to work in creative partnership with client, digital, and creative services to conceive, develop and produce strategic visual solutions for integrated marketing campaigns, branding projects, and collateral pieces. The position works closely with the Creative Director and Associate Creative Director in producing creative for agency clients by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership: Mentors and assists in training Graphic Designers, Production Designers, and Interns. Participates in new business materials development and pitches. Helps set and achieve departmental goals.
- Art Direction: Leads in the design and conceptualizing of print, digital, and video art direction. Directs the design process by providing creative direction to Graphic Designers and Production Designers for specific projects. Drives creative look and feel for client’s brands–taking ownership of visual strategy, execution, and quality standards.
- Design: Works with Account, Digital, and Creative Services to understand the strategy, design technical and business parameters to develop innovative, effective, and creative solutions. Independently concept, design and produce creative for the agency’s clients. Creates and delivers strategically designed comps for presentations. Recognizes project creativity/profitability tradeoffs. Self-manage design projects, including setting priorities and meeting deadlines. Presents design concepts and rationale behind design concepts to the project team. Leads and/or participates in agency creative meetings.
- Branding: Digests and understands client corporate identity and branding guidelines and technical restraints. Helps to manage the client’s brand beyond logo design and through design integrity and consistency.
- Motion Graphics, Digital, and Video: Assists in the ideation and execution of digital media, such as websites, landing pages, social media, motion graphics, and video.
- Strategy: Helps clients define and solve the most complex communications problems. Conducts competitive research and analysis for specific projects. Vendor and photo image research. Strong business understanding and financial skills.
- Production: Prepares finished art and handles production work—from final prep through vendor output. Oversees file production materials and finished creative.
- Brainstorming/Concepting: Attends and leads creative brainstorming meetings (along with internal team members) to develop creative strategies and implements all requirements including design for presentation decks, logos, proposals, tactical collateral, etc. Provides additional creative concepting support to the creative service team.
- Research/Trends. Keeping up to date with current culture, industry trends, and creative ideas. Researches new trends as it relates to specific clients, industries, and projects–sharing and educating team members along the way. Maintains current working knowledge of computer-related skills, software, and programs.
- Planning/Organizing: Meeting with client/creative services team to discuss client requirements and background on each job. Working on several campaigns at once; ability to self-manage tight deadlines and many different personalities; all under pressure.
- Quality Assurance. Maintain proofing procedures to help ensure the quality and integrity of the agency’s designs.
- Creative Presenting: Sells creative internally or to clients at the creative director’s or account executive’s request. Represents the agency at creative/professional/civic functions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role/position
- Able to work within a team environment as well as individually/remotely
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable according to changes in project scope/deliverables or business environment.
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines.
- Advertising Agency experience.
Candidate should be proficient in the following programs:
- Adobe XD
- Acrobat (PDF work flow)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Photography and video experience
- Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Adobe Premiere Pro is a plus
- Experience in Adobe Lightroom and Audition is a plus
- Experience in photo/video production and direction is a plus
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation, plus additional paid week for winter break
- Summer Fridays
- Referral incentive program (client and employee)
This is a remote opportunity, however we are looking for candidates that are in Central (Texas) or Pacific (California) Time Zones.
Augustine Agency is an award-winning, independent marketing and communications agency that specializes in providing consumer and shopper insights, branding and creative services, digital/social media strategy and development, shopper marketing, and retail activation solutions that make our clients shine brighter! Simply put, we spark consumer action and ignite growth.
We would love to learn a little bit more about you! At Augustine we believe that our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to providing a dynamic environment where everyone can be their best. And we believe in data and analytics. For those reasons we have partnered with The Predictive Index (PI). Along with your application, would you also please take a few minutes to complete the survey on the link below? This survey helps us to become more aware of what drives and motivates us and those we work with.
This is not a test; it is a survey and literally takes only five minutes and doesn’t require preparation. There are no right or wrong answers. Just be relaxed about it and don’t overthink your choices. You will receive a copy of your results after completing the assessment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer