Augustine is actively recruiting for an experienced Art Director in Dallas, TX to support its continued growth and expansion. The Art Director is expected to work in creative partnership with client, digital, and creative services to conceive, develop and produce strategic visual solutions for integrated marketing campaigns, branding projects, and collateral pieces. The position works closely with the Creative Director and Associate Creative Director in producing creative for agency clients by performing the following duties. Strong After Effects and Premiere experience for Motion/Video.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leadership: Mentors and assists in training Graphic Designers, Production Designers, and Interns. Participates in new business materials development and pitches. Helps set and achieve departmental goals.
- Art Direction: Leads in the design and conceptualizing of print, digital, and video art direction. Directs the design process by providing creative direction to Graphic Designers and Production Designers for specific projects. Drives creative look and feel for client’s brands–taking ownership of visual strategy, execution, and quality standards.
- Design: Works with Account, Digital, and Creative Services to understand the strategy, design technical and business parameters to develop innovative, effective, and creative solutions. Independently concept, design and produce creative for the agency’s clients. Creates and delivers strategically designed comps for presentations. Recognizes project creativity/profitability tradeoffs. Self-manage design projects, including setting priorities and meeting deadlines. Presents design concepts and rationale behind design concepts to the project team. Leads and/or participates in agency creative meetings.
- Branding: Digests and understands client corporate identity and branding guidelines and technical restraints. Helps to manage the client’s brand beyond logo design and through design integrity and consistency.
- Motion Graphics, Digital, and Video: Assists in the ideation and execution of digital media, such as websites, eblasts, digital display ads, landing pages, social media, motion graphics, and video. Strong Adobe XD, After Effects and Premiere experience.
- Print: Assists in the ideation and execution of print collateral. Understands print production methods and is able to prep and package mechanical print files.
- Production: Prepares finished art and handles production work—from final prep through vendor output. Oversees file production materials and finished creative.
- Brainstorming/Concepting: Attends and leads creative brainstorming meetings (along with internal team members) to develop creative strategies and implements all requirements including design for presentation decks, logos, proposals, tactical collateral, etc. Provides additional creative concepting support to the creative service team.
- Strategy: Helps clients define and solve the most complex communications problems. Conducts competitive research and analysis for specific projects. Vendor and photo image research. Strong business understanding and financial skills.
- Research/Trends. Keeping up to date with current culture, industry trends, and creative ideas. Researches new trends as it relates to specific clients, industries, and projects–sharing and educating team members along the way. Maintains current working knowledge of computer-related skills, software, and programs.
- Planning/Organizing: Meeting with client/creative services team to discuss client requirements and background on each job. Working on several campaigns at once; ability to self-manage tight deadlines and many different personalities; all under pressure.
- Quality Assurance. Maintain proofing procedures to help ensure the quality and integrity of the agency’s designs.
- Creative Presenting: Sells creative internally or to clients at the creative director’s or account executive’s request. Represents the agency at creative/professional/civic functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role/position
- Able to work within a team environment as well as individually/remotely
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable according to changes in project scope/deliverables or business environment.
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines.
- Advertising Agency experience.
Candidate should be proficient in the following programs:
- Adobe XD
- Acrobat (PDF work flow)
- Interactive UI/UX experience
- Photography and video experience
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Adobe Lightroom and Audition is a plus
- Experience in photo/video production and direction is a plus
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Summer Fridays
Our Dallas office is centrally located in Las Colinas with easy access to the DFW metroplex. This is a full-time position, but we are currently working from home to help ensure the health and wellbeing of our team. We expect to be back in the office soon at least a few days a week!
Augustine Agency is an award-winning, independent marketing and communications agency that specializes in providing consumer & shopper insights, branding & creative services, digital/social media strategy & development, shopper marketing, and retail activation solutions that make our clients shine brighter.
Simply put, we spark consumer action and ignite growth. Our unique ability to identify that spark and turn it into executions that help clients outshine is why we are one the most successful and highly recognized independent agencies with offices in Dallas, Northern CA, and Nevada.
Equal Opportunity Employer